Friday, January 16, 2015

January 2015 Update

Hey y'all.  So I've been sporadic in updating, but lately I've got some things up.  I just wanted to talk a little about the things I have planned.  Well, not that I plan too much with this.  There are a lot of things on my plate, this blog generally serves as run-off for my scattered inspiration rather than an official place where I intend to...I dunno, make money or something.  Heh, if money were the case I'd be on Youtube by now.

Anyway, here are some things I've got in the pipe.

- My fanfiction Me and Aldaris has been on hiatus way too long.  I do intend to work more on it, and I've been thinking about it a lot lately.  It's not going to be the best story ever, but it's something I have that allows me to collect my mind drabbles about my favorite franchise.  It will happen, please be patient.

- I've been listening to a lot of music, and I have two blog ideas with this in mind.  One is a top ten list of songs that would be improved if they had no lyrics.  This one I'm not ready to write out yet, as I only have half of a list collected and I want to look into more popular music before being conclusive about it.  There's a lot of popular music that's ignorable these days.  The other blog, a top ten of Infected Mushroom songs, is also not quite ready, but given that they're a great study/writing band, I'll have this compiled soon.

- Write Club is something that should update at least once a month, as this is supposed to be a writer's blog, and it's good to address as much as possible those ideas in writing that aren't readily talked about in books, or just things that are interesting discussion starters in general.  Or me complaining about things I don't like in writing.  That's always fun.  For me, anyway.

I do have a Write Club post, and it's nothing too complicated.  More than likely, that'll be my soonest post.

- So, reviews.  I will always review whatever media I happen to watch lately, which may take a back seat now that school is on.  What I plan on doing is binging on schoolwork (online classes) and taking the extra time to write.  We'll see how that goes.

Me and Aldaris is a bigger priority for me than reviews, but reviews are fun, so they'll be around.  I wanted to do a Donkey Kong Country 3 discussion -- that's the reason why I bothered to review the first two games, which really need no introduction at this point.  Then there's the Star Trek '09 review, which I never did get around to, but still have all the notes for.  I also had the idea to review the Starcraft official fiction writers' books, so that we could see if they're better at their own universes, and if working with a game company's franchise tripped them up at all.  We do have many of those writers at my work in the sci fi section.

We'll see how that goes.  These aren't something that's immediately ready for writing, but they're ideas, and chances are I'll return to them.

- There is a post I'm working on for University of Orwell, but these posts are always going to be slow.  Thing is, good history books tend to be "thick" reads, mentally if not physically.  Thus, proper assessments of them will take time.  I should have another update post for this just as soon as I finish writing an assessment of a book I've just finished.


The bad news (for this blog) is that not only has school started, but I also have publishable works I really need to finish before the year ends.  I also hope to get a second job, if my first doesn't give me enough hours.  Life is complicated, but as long as there's something to rant about, you can bet I'll be on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment