Thursday, May 1, 2014

End of Semester News!

Hey y'all.  So I'm not dead, but it is the end of the school semester.  My tax teacher thinks it's funny of him to give us a project where we have to form a business plan and then do its taxes as a proprietorship, S corp, and C corp.  Given that I didn't make the best grades on figuring the corporation taxes assignments, I'm not optimistic about making it out of this with good grades.  *sigh*

Okay, so I do have a Me and Aldaris entry in the works.  I want to do another top ten top ten, but I want to make sure it's on a reasonable topic.  I tried to do favorite movies, but that wasn't working out.  There were too many variables.  Probably I'm going to do favorite villains.  That sounds good, right?

Also, I may consider doing commentaries on good and bad writing styles of different writers.  I'm thinking General Patton, Margaret Thatcher, William Shatner, Sean Astin, Tony Dungy....basically, I just want to rant on all the different ways people use narrative, because I don't think it's discussed enough in writing books. This is sort of understandible, as narrative is like painting.  There's about forty bajillion ways to do it correctly.  And just as many to do it wrong.  A lot of the time you can't even call a method wrong, because a technique might work differently in the hands of different writers.

So yeah, I do need to take my blog more seriously.  I have a lot on my plate right now, what with trying to get a better job this summer and trying to work on my publishable stuff.  Thankfully, this and next week are the last of school, so hopefully I can get some blog done this next month.  Hey, maybe I can even get a once a week schedule going.

No comments:

Post a Comment