Sunday, December 16, 2012

Making a Personality Quiz: Environments

Hey y'all.  I'm going to be seeing the Hobbit on Wednesday, so expect my nipickery review soon.  As for now, there's a really cool idea I have for making a personality quiz.  I'm not sure how the quiz will go, but the base idea is pretty interesting for at least the artsy fart types.

I've done a personality quiz before, based on people's favorite Starcraft characters, but that was more of an analysis.   For example, people who like Raynor, Zeratul, and Fenix, are more heroic types.  People who prefer Kerrigan, Duran, and Stukov might like people with two sides to them, and are powerful political people who are intelligent enough to see what's going on around them. 

That, obviously, is limited to the people who have played Starcraft.  That, and Starcraft 2 came out, and since I don't own that game, I haven't sufficiently observed how it changed the normal characters and added in new ones.  That and they obliterated Mengsk and made him too darn typical.

But onto my new idea!  It's based on environments.  See, everybody has an environment they would prefer to be in or find more inspirational.  My favorite is space.  While, naturally, I have never been there, I find the loneliness and color of space very inspirational and strange.  And of course that says something about my personality.  I'm not sure what, but probably something.

Other people like different environments.  My dad likes mountains.  A lot of people prefer forests.  Beaches are always fun.  Undersea environments can be pretty similar to space, as it's very big and full of strange color.  Though there is a difference in that animals live in water but not in space.  There's more life in that sort of place.

So in constructing this personality quiz, I have to figure out what environments are archetypal, and what each means.

Here's a list of things that come to mind.
- Space
- Forests
- Desert
- Under the sea
- Deep sea
- The beach
- Mountains
- Crowded city
- Prairies

I have no clue how all these work out, but maybe over time I can figure it out.  I just have to know what kinds of people prefer what kinds of places.

No comments:

Post a Comment