Tuesday, June 14, 2016

So...Azumanga.

Well, I said this blog was over.  I have to work on things that will help me earn money.  I have a lot of things to learn.  Heck, I have to get ready for an interview and work on my programming, also.  But, for some reason, I decided to do a character assessment for every character in Azumanga.  Because procrastination works that way.



Okay, so here we go, my Azumanga analysis.  Yes, I know that this anime/manga is an older one.  However, it is a classic franchise whose story will never really grow old.  Not even when technology and culture change.  When that happens, Azumanga will simply be a snapshot of the past, its value undiminished by the fact the world no longer resembles it. 

That and Azumanga is my favorite manga.  Dare I say, it's the best one out there.  Subjectively speaking, it represents exactly what I want from any given media: slow pace, heavy character emphasis, out of nowhere randomness, real world personality referencing, basically no violence or romance, and lots of cuteness.  The only thing I like that it doesn't have is some sort of science fiction bent or worldbuilding emphasis.  But that's okay, because a given media can only do so much.  I can always read Farmer in the Sky again for the sci-fi/worldbuilding aspect.

*imagines the Azugirls setting up a colony on one of Jupiter's moons.  Giggles incessantly.*

Anyway, I've always wanted to do a personality analysis of this show, because every single attitude on it, though cartoonized to various degrees, is a real attitude that a person can have.  Also, I want to make some estimates on what could have happened to the girls after the show took place. 

Note that any time that I say "Azugirls," I mean the circle of six friends: Chiyo, Osaka, Tomo, Yomi, Kagura, and Sakaki.  People use this term to refer to all the characters, but for the purpose of this analysis, it'll just mean the mains.  

Look forward to the first post Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment